Tips for Purer Air in Your Home
Why not show your home or office some love during this time of year!
Below are a few tips to improve the quality of your already amazing property!
- Buy a few beeswax candles (but be sure to never leave them unattended!). Beeswax candles are amazing air purifiers due to their release of negative ions, which cancel out many of the already existing positive ions in the air, which have been released from dust, pollen, etc.
- Not into candles? Salt lamps have the same effects!
- Invest in houseplants- just make sure they are pet friendly if you have a four-legged friend in your family! Houseplants have numerous benefits, including an increase in oxygen, allergy relief, and mood-boosting properties. They also absorb toxins. A few amazing houseplants to consider include:
- Spider plant
- English ivy
- Dragon tree
- Peace lily
- Activated charcoal also purifies the air! Additionally, it removes odor.
- Have a smelly refrigerator in the work lounge or in your kitchen? Both activated charcoal and baking soda work as agents to eliminate odor. Just place an opened jar or bowl of activated charcoal or an opened box of baking soda inside the refrigerator, and say goodbye to that smell once and for all!
- Smell something different? Something musty? It could be mold! Have your home checked by a professional, (such as SERVPRO!) as mold can be hazardous to breathe in.
- Replace older appliance and fixtures with newer, energy-efficient ones. Of course, this comes with time as appliances can get pricey! However, when it comes time to replace, consider going green with energy-saving appliances and fixtures!