Covid cleaning more crucial now as more employers bring back their workforce
With the country easing back into a somewhat normal life, and as a growing number of businesses and workplaces welcoming back their employees, it’s more crucial than ever to have buildings and facilities thoroughly cleaned to keep everyone safe from the coronavirus and other health hazards.
While the COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, SERVPRO franchises throughout the U.S. -- including SERVPRO of Rockville-Olney & Silver Spring North and SERVPRO of Laurel & Greenbelt NE/Beltsville E -- are here to help keep your customers and employees safe, and also let everyone know you've chosen a higher standard of clean.
When you go with us, you’re choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned -- a defensive, proactive viral pathogen cleaning program backed by our more than 50 years of experience in cleanup and restoration. With an industry-leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions and remediation processes, we're helping businesses across the country open safely.
According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, these are currently known about Covid-19:
- It is spread from person to person and happens most frequently among close contacts (within about 6 feet).
- This type of transmission occurs via respiratory droplets.
- Current evidence suggests that novel coronavirus may remain viable for hours to days on surfaces made from a variety of materials.
- Cleaning of visibly dirty surfaces followed by disinfection is a best practice measure for prevention of Covid-19
Here at SERVPRO of Rockville-Olney and SERVPRO of Laurel, we have seen a spike of Covid-contaminated facilities that we’ve treated in recent months. Just this week (early April), we are still being regularly called out to businesses large and small that had been contaminated by employees with Covid-19.
“It's important that we still stay vigilant and do our part to keep employees safe as they reenter the workspace,” says General Manager Jorge Gutierrez of SERVPRO of Rockville-Olney and SERVPRO of Laurel. Gutierrez also manages SERVPRO of Silver Spring North and SERVPRO of Greenbelt NE/Beltsville E.
When called upon, our ready plan to get your workplaces cleaned & ready to open up again consists of:
A tailored cleaning program to meet your needs.
- We will assign you a Cleaning Protocol Specialist who understands your business.
- Programs are based on a range of factors: type of industry, business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touch points, foot traffic and congestion points.
Proactive and COVID-19 emergency response cleaning program.
- Trained and experienced in biohazard cleaning and decontamination for porous and non-porous surfaces - always adhering to the highest standards set by the CDC.
- EPA-approved products, including our proprietary cleaning agent SERVPROXIDE, a hospital-grade disinfectant that is NSF certified for direct food contact surface use.
A commitment to clean for your employees and consumers.
- Leverage SERVPRO's trusted brand to reassure your customers and employees that you are taking the steps needed to keep your space at the highest level of clean.
- Communication touchpoints include a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned window emblem, signage, marks for your digital footprint and more.
The CDC offers these additional considerations for Employers:
- Employers should work with their local and state health departments to ensure appropriate local protocols and guidelines, such as updated/additional guidance for cleaning and disinfection, are followed, including for identification of new potential cases of COVID-19.
- Employers should educate staff and workers performing cleaning, laundry, and trash pickup activities to recognize the symptoms of Covid-19 and provide instructions on what to do if they develop symptoms within 14 days after their last possible exposure to the virus. At a minimum, any staff should immediately notify their supervisor and the local health department if they develop symptoms of Covid-19.
- Employers should develop policies for worker protection and provide training to all cleaning staff on site prior to providing cleaning tasks. Training should include when to use PPE, what PPE is necessary, how to properly don (put on), use, and doff (take off) PPE, and how to properly dispose of PPE.
- Employers must ensure workers are trained on the hazards of the cleaning chemicals used in the workplace in accordance with appropriate OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) standards.
To schedule a consult for our Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned program, call us at 301-340-1313 or 301-323-8862. We are here to help!