If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (301) 340-1313

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Mold? Leave the Mitigation to SERVPRO Rockville, the Experts!

10/18/2022 (Permalink)

black mold at window Best leave it to the professionals like SERVPRO of Rockville-Olney to clean up & mitigate mold damage!

Mold can seem almost benign due to its slow rate of visible damage and sluggish spreading but make no mistake: It can pose a health hazard to you once it has taken hold.

SERVPRO of Rockville-Olney & Silver Spring North technicians take frequent courses and training on mold safety and remediation. There are many species of fungi that can create widely varied situations and problems depending on a high number of factors. If you have uncovered mold in your home, protecting your health and safety becomes a concern, and should top your list of priorities.

Here are some safety tips to keep in mind as you live and work in your home during the remediation service:

You May Want to Wear a Mask
Mold damage has a potential to cause respiratory health issues, in particular for individuals with weakened immune systems or asthma. SERVPRO technicians have access to industrial-grade protective masks and even suits when needed, and you should, at the very least, try to protect your mouth and sinuses with a mask when working near mold damage. For those with asthma or respiratory issues, the urgency of this precaution is even higher. We firmly recommend that you do not grapple with this problem. Our main advice is to call us for professional mitigation. Be safe, not sorry.
Hands Off
Some types of mold can produce toxic or infectious byproducts, making the act of touching mold with your bare hands potentially dangerous. In general, you should never touch visible mold growth, as doing so can not only hurt you but also spread the mold to other surfaces. If you touch mold by accident, be sure to wash your hands thoroughly before touching other surfaces.
Be Mindful of Other Dangers
Many mold damage cases come with additional problems, whether or not you are aware of them. That patch of mold could be the result of a five-year-old water pipe leak, and in addition to allowing mold growth, it may have already long weakened the surrounding structure. Being aware of structural issues and other types of damage could save you money while protecting your home investment.
SERVPRO of Rockville-Olney and SERVPRO of Silver Spring North are ready 24/7 to respond to local disasters and home damages. We're a phone call away, 301-340-1313.

Other News

View Recent Posts