Planning for those unexpected Spring & Summer storms
SERVPRO® of Rockville-Olney and SERVPRO of Silver Spring North want you to be ready for those unexpected Spring & Summer storms.
A spring or summer storm happens quite often in Maryland. There are many possibilities of damage from such storms, whether from wind, heavy rain, or lightning. Wind causes constructional damage to your home, heavy rain can lead to flooding and if lightning strikes on your home or business, it is at risk of a fire.
If you know a storm is coming, take these initiatives to ensure safety:
- Secure outdoor objects that could blow away or cause damage.
- Shutter windows and secure outside doors.
- Unplug any electronic equipment.
During the storm, remain calm and be aware.
- Use your battery-operated NOAA Weather Radio for updates from local officials.
- Avoid contact with cords.
- Stay away from windows and doors.
After the Storm, BE SAFE! It may not be storming anymore but the damage can still affect you.
- Never drive through a flooded roadway.
- Stay away from storm-damaged areas to keep from putting yourself at risk.
- Stay away from downed power lines and report them immediately to 911.
If you are caught off-guard to a dangerous storm during the night, don’t stress, we have an Emergency Response Team 24/7 and will make your home look “Like it never even happened”. Our team is specially-trained to deal with the mess of a storm. Let us be the experts that you need in your time of crisis!