Working from home?
Although a growing number of workers have returned to their offices now that the pandemic is nearly 100 percent behind us, there's still a large population of Americans still working from home. The consensus is that the workplaces and how America conducts business may never fully return to the way it was before the Covid-19 pandemic.
So if you have transitioned from working in an office to working in your home, you’ve had to make many adjustments! SERVPRO of Rockville-Olney & Silver Spring North offer these tips to help make the best of working from home:
- Arrange your workspace in a way you’ll be the most organized and the least distracted
- Inform your family members or roommates of your work schedule and create rules to diminish disruptions and distractions. Talking to family and friends is very tempting, so you may need to close your door or drown out chatter with classical music
- Create a schedule that you follow each day, including clearly defined work hours
- Learn something new! Watch webinars or attend a virtual training your company may offer
- Focus on communication! You don’t get to see your boss and coworkers face-to-face for the time being, so call, text, and email them regularly
- Take a break! Make sure you know your company’s break policy, and take advantage of it. Go for a walk to take in sunshine during your break before having to return back indoors to complete your assignments
- Keep an agenda book or calendar. Write down deadlines and meeting dates, as these can be easy to forget when working from home
- Turn off the notifications on your personal phone (such as Instagram and Twitter notifications) to minimize getting distracted from your work
We hope these tips help and wish you much success!