Recent Cleaning Posts
Cleaning Services for Schools, Daycares, and Other Facilities
Let's keep students, teachers and faculty together!
Montgomery County, MD schools for students grades K-12 will not be physically re-opening until at least the start of the second semester, which is February 1, 2021. In November, the county will release their plan for the second semester.
However, daycares, Montessori schools, and colleges can open their doors for students. While colleges are offering students many online courses, quite a few colleges are still offering hybrid or in-person courses. Many preschools and Montessori schools are also welcoming students back. Additionally, daycare centers have been allowed to re-opened. Other classes, offered by fitness and dance studios for example, are beginning to offer classes once again, all following strict protocol of course.
for more information)
SERVPRO of Rockville-Olney and Silver Spring North are offering a variety of cleaning services, including fogging, electrostatic disinfectant spraying, and proactive cleaning. We have been helping businesses and residences stay safe and protected throughout this COVID-19 crisis. We’d like to remind you of the services we can provide to your school, classroom, studio, etc. to keep it disinfected and clean! We have been helping various schools in the area, whether it’s a proactive cleaning, fogging, or by disinfecting cafeterias, gymnasiums, classrooms, including computers, cubbies, walls, chairs, etc.
Our services can be recurring too! Get scheduled for a one-time cleaning, or make services recurring.
If you’d like to learn more about our services, to schedule a cleaning, or for a quote, call us at 301-340-1313 today!
The Latest: Phase 2- What’s Happening in Montgomery County, MD
We're here to give you, your employees, and your customers peace of mind.
Do you own a business or manage a facility in Montgomery County, Maryland? Do you live in Montgomery County? Here’s some news you do not want to miss!
Phase 2 will likely go into effect this coming week (June 15-19). As Montgomery County prepares to enter Phase 2, here is what you can expect:
- Gyms, fitness centers, and other physical activities facilities will reopen with spacial requirements
- Houses of worship will allow congregants to join in indoor or outdoor services, with requirements and with limited capacity
- Pools will open lap lanes
- Restaurants will reopen indoor seating in addition to the recent reopening of outdoor seating, both limited and with restrictions
- Retail stores will expand from only curbside pickup to now limited in-store shopping (strict patron per sq. ft. guidelines)\
- Salons and barbershops will expand services
- Youth sports and day camps will expand opening with requirements
- Playgrounds and parks will reopen
- Concert halls, theaters, recreational facilities and libraries will remain closed
Check out the Montgomery County MD website for more details and information: https://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/HHS/RightNav/reopening/index.html
If you own or manage property, we are here to give your business a professional, deep sanitization before anyone walks through your doors once again. Our latest program, Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, a defensive cleaning program that gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness. Our proactive viral pathogen cleaning program will help your business meet a higher standard of clean. Call us today with any questions or needs you may have at 301-340-1313. We look forward to hearing from you!
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Rockville-Olney & Silver Spring North today at 301-340-1313 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
Proactive Cleaning for Your Residence or Business in Maryland
We're here to help you feel safe and secure during these unprecedented times!
As Maryland anticipates reaching Stage 1 of reopening within the next week, which will allow many small businesses to open their doors once again, a few restrictions have already been lifted. For the time being, hair salons and barbershops have been able to serve a limited amount of customers, following strict protocol. The limits and restrictions of entering beaches, golf courses, tennis courts, and camp sites are now being lifted also.
Our business is being called by numerous business owners, community leaders, and residents to clean, disinfect, and sanitize their homes and facilities.
Do you have a business or facility that you plan to reopen? We can help you reassure your employees and your clients that they are being served in a sanitized facility. Our experienced team at SERVPRO of Rockville-Olney and SERVPRO of Silver Spring North is offering proactive cleaning services, carefully following both CDC and local guidelines, to the many businesses in the Montgomery County, Maryland area and beyond.
We offer proactive cleaning services to the following (but not limited to):
? SCHOOL FACILITIES AND CHILDCARE/DAYCARE CENTERS
? ASSISTED LIVING FACILITIES
? LOCAL SMALL BUSINESSES (HAIR AND NAIL SALONS, RESTAURANTS)
? ENTERTAINMENT FACILITIES (MOVIE THEATERS)
? GROCERY STORES
? WAREHOUSES AND MANUFACTURING FACILITIES
Please call us today about our economical cleaning options at (301) 340-1313.
Clean Dryer Vents
34% of home fires are caused by failure to clean the vent in a dryer. A lint fire is a dangerous possibility. To avoid the hazard on lint buildup, occasionally pull out the vent and clean. Thoroughly dry the lint screen with a clean towel. You can also use a vacuum to clean the lint trap filter. SERVPRO® of Rockville/Olney can help clean dryer vents and ducts that may have lint buildup.
National Fire Protection Agency gives us advice on how to keep your vents clean. Clean the lint filter before and after each load. It is vital to clean your dryer vents every so often to ensure your safety.
Here are some signs that your dryer vent may need to be cleaned:
- Drying times are taking longer.
- Your dryer is getting hot when you’re using it and your clothes are being damaged.
- You can’t see any steam or head any noise outside your house at the wall vent when you run the dryer.
SERVPRO wants to make sure you are taking the right precautions to avoid a house fire. If you do experience a fire caused by your dyer or any other appliances in your home call us today!
Dust, pet dander, and other containments from everyday living are circulated through your ducts and can decrease the efficiency of your HVAC heating and cooling system causing it to work much harder. Keeping the ductwork clean can extend the life span of the equipment by allowing it to operate at peak condition, which saves you money.
Duct Cleaning Can:
- Remediate Bacteria, Fungi and Mold
- Reduce Potential for Mold Growth
- Restore Peak Energy Efficiency
- Eliminate Offensive Odors
Since the ventilation system is often the biggest culprit in poor
indoor air quality, keeping your ductwork clean should be a high priority. In most cases, the HVAC system has been operating for some time without much attention. Dirty ducts can circulate odors, contaminants such as mold and irritating dust throughout your building or home. These Contaminants from day to day living are sucked into your HVAC system and recirculated throughout your home over and over. This causes a buildup over time inside the ductwork. This buildup can cause problems for people with asthma and other respiratory health conditions, auto immune disorders, and environmental allergies.
The EPA’s website states: “In the last several years, a growing body of scientific evidence has indicated that the air within homes and other buildings can be more seriously polluted than the outdoor air in even the largest and most industrialized cities. Other research indicates that people spend approximately 90 percent of their time indoors. Thus, for many people, the risks to health may be greater due to exposure to air pollution indoors than outdoors.” Cleaning your ducts can sweep away years of dust and dirt, helping to reduce potential for damage and health risks.
In some circumstances, such as after a fire, smoke or suspected mold growth, duct cleaning becomes an essential part of the cleanup process. This includes certain odors as well. In these cases a Duct Cleaning Professional can often restore the ductwork to pre-damage condition. It is also recommended that you have the ductwork cleaned after buying a home or after a renovation. Just like carpet cleaning, having your ductwork cleaned should be part of your home maintenance routine.
Call us today to schedule your duct cleaning! 301-340-1313