The Latest: Phase 2- What’s Happening in Montgomery County, MD
We're here to give you, your employees, and your customers peace of mind.
Do you own a business or manage a facility in Montgomery County, Maryland? Do you live in Montgomery County? Here’s some news you do not want to miss!
Phase 2 will likely go into effect this coming week (June 15-19). As Montgomery County prepares to enter Phase 2, here is what you can expect:
- Gyms, fitness centers, and other physical activities facilities will reopen with spacial requirements
- Houses of worship will allow congregants to join in indoor or outdoor services, with requirements and with limited capacity
- Pools will open lap lanes
- Restaurants will reopen indoor seating in addition to the recent reopening of outdoor seating, both limited and with restrictions
- Retail stores will expand from only curbside pickup to now limited in-store shopping (strict patron per sq. ft. guidelines)\
- Salons and barbershops will expand services
- Youth sports and day camps will expand opening with requirements
- Playgrounds and parks will reopen
- Concert halls, theaters, recreational facilities and libraries will remain closed
Check out the Montgomery County MD website for more details and information: https://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/HHS/RightNav/reopening/index.html
If you own or manage property, we are here to give your business a professional, deep sanitization before anyone walks through your doors once again. Our latest program, Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, a defensive cleaning program that gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness. Our proactive viral pathogen cleaning program will help your business meet a higher standard of clean. Call us today with any questions or needs you may have at 301-340-1313. We look forward to hearing from you!
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Rockville-Olney & Silver Spring North today at 301-340-1313 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
SERVPRO of Rockville-Olney & Silver Spring North Cleaning Service Update
We're here for you to help with your next steps!
As of 5pm on May 15, 2020, Maryland’s stay-at-home order is to be lifted. This begins phase 1 of reopening the state.
Although there is still quite a bit of gray area, here are a few of the basics:
Retail stores can reopen
Manufacturing operations can resume
Pet services, such as groomers and animal shelters, can open doors to the public
Salons and barbershops can reopen
Religious gatherings, such as church services, can assemble once again
Please note, everything mentioned above can reopen only at half capacity. Mask wearing and social distancing is still to be enforced. Also note counties throughout the state of Maryland differ with regards to their reopening status. For instance, both Montgomery and Prince George’s counties are still under stay-at-home orders.
If you own or manage a business, you’re surely thinking about what the next phase holds for your company and are looking to plan for the future. So far, it appears the following will take place during phase 2:
Indoor fitness classes resume
Childcare centers reopen
Regular transportation schedules resume
Restaurants and bars reopen with restrictions
Do you wish to clean and sanitize your business before reopening, or if you have reopened, would you like a trusted, family-owned business that has been in the community for 40 years to provide you with a sanitizing service? Allow us to take care of that step for you. We know you value your employees and customers and will be happy to ensure each of you peace of mind.
Give us a call today at 301-340-1313 for more information. We look forward to hearing from you.
Tips on Working from Home, Spring/Summer 2020
Follow these tips to better your experience of working from home!
Many Americans are now working from home due to the recent circumstances. If you transitioned from working in an office to working in your home, you’ve had to make many adjustments! Changes can be difficult, especially those that affect such a large part of your life, i.e., your job. At SERVPRO of Rockville-Olney & Silver Spring North, we are always here to help. We would like to provide you with some tips on how to make the best of working from home!
- Arrange your workspace in a way you’ll be the most organized and the least distracted
- Inform your family members or roommates of your work schedule and create rules to diminish disruptions and distractions. Talking to family and friends is very tempting, so you may need to close your door or drown out chatter with classical music
- Create a schedule that you follow each day, including clearly defined work hours
- Learn something new! Watch webinars or attend a virtual training your company may offer
- Focus on communication! You don’t get to see your boss and coworkers face-to-face for the time being, so call, text, and email them regularly
- Take a break! Make sure you know your company’s break policy, and take advantage of it. Go for a walk to take in sunshine during your break before having to return back indoors to complete your assignments
- Reward yourself! It’s not easy making such a drastic change, so get your favorite coffee from the local cafe everyday during your lunch break or buy yourself a gift online after completing a work goal
- Of course, keep a close eye on your agenda book or calendar! Write down every deadline and meeting date as these can become very easy to forget when working from home
- Turn off the notifications on your personal phone (such as Instagram and Twitter notifications) to minimize getting distracted from your work
We hope these tips help and wish you much success for working from home!
Proactive Cleaning for Your Residence or Business in Maryland
We're here to help you feel safe and secure during these unprecedented times!
As Maryland anticipates reaching Stage 1 of reopening within the next week, which will allow many small businesses to open their doors once again, a few restrictions have already been lifted. For the time being, hair salons and barbershops have been able to serve a limited amount of customers, following strict protocol. The limits and restrictions of entering beaches, golf courses, tennis courts, and camp sites are now being lifted also.
Our business is being called by numerous business owners, community leaders, and residents to clean, disinfect, and sanitize their homes and facilities.
Do you have a business or facility that you plan to reopen? We can help you reassure your employees and your clients that they are being served in a sanitized facility. Our experienced team at SERVPRO of Rockville-Olney and SERVPRO of Silver Spring North is offering proactive cleaning services, carefully following both CDC and local guidelines, to the many businesses in the Montgomery County, Maryland area and beyond.
We offer proactive cleaning services to the following (but not limited to):
? SCHOOL FACILITIES AND CHILDCARE/DAYCARE CENTERS
? ASSISTED LIVING FACILITIES
? LOCAL SMALL BUSINESSES (HAIR AND NAIL SALONS, RESTAURANTS)
? ENTERTAINMENT FACILITIES (MOVIE THEATERS)
? GROCERY STORES
? WAREHOUSES AND MANUFACTURING FACILITIES
Please call us today about our economical cleaning options at (301) 340-1313.
We are Cleaning Experts
We are Here to Help 24/7, 365 days of the year.
SERVPRO is Here to Help during this time of need
During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, this is a reminder to our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today – SERVPRO of Rockville-Olney and of Silver Spring North, (301) 340-1313
Tips for Purer Air in Your Home
There are many benefits to having houseplants!
Why not show your home or office some love during this time of year!
Below are a few tips to improve the quality of your already amazing property!
- Buy a few beeswax candles (but be sure to never leave them unattended!). Beeswax candles are amazing air purifiers due to their release of negative ions, which cancel out many of the already existing positive ions in the air, which have been released from dust, pollen, etc.
- Not into candles? Salt lamps have the same effects!
- Invest in houseplants- just make sure they are pet friendly if you have a four-legged friend in your family! Houseplants have numerous benefits, including an increase in oxygen, allergy relief, and mood-boosting properties. They also absorb toxins. A few amazing houseplants to consider include:
- Spider plant
- English ivy
- Dragon tree
- Peace lily
- Activated charcoal also purifies the air! Additionally, it removes odor.
- Have a smelly refrigerator in the work lounge or in your kitchen? Both activated charcoal and baking soda work as agents to eliminate odor. Just place an opened jar or bowl of activated charcoal or an opened box of baking soda inside the refrigerator, and say goodbye to that smell once and for all!
- Smell something different? Something musty? It could be mold! Have your home checked by a professional, (such as SERVPRO!) as mold can be hazardous to breathe in.
- Replace older appliance and fixtures with newer, energy-efficient ones. Of course, this comes with time as appliances can get pricey! However, when it comes time to replace, consider going green with energy-saving appliances and fixtures!
How to Prevent Ice Dams
It's important to act immediately after spotting an ice dam on your property to prevent further damage!
You can take numerous actions to prevent an ice dam from forming on your property both before and after a snowfall. Whether you are concerned about a dam forming on your home or one forming on your building, you can follow these useful tips in order to prevent a catastrophe!
To stop an ice dam:
Keep your attic insulated
Improve ventilation, especially in the eaves and ridge
Prevent air leaks- caulk any gaps or openings
Install an extra barrier under the shingles to prevent water from seeping into home or building
Seal and insulate ducts
Cold temperatures can sometimes have their way of forming a dam on your property despite following these tips. Be sure to:
Clear snow from roof after every snow shower
Clear gutters of any leaves, snow, or debris
Clear around downspouts, too
However, your safety is your first priority! Snowy and icy conditions make everything more slippery and dangerous. Do not use a ladder or attempt climbing, as you could slide off the surface or the ladder. If you find it unsafe to remove an ice dam you spot on your property, for example, call a professional immediately!
Give us a call at SERVPRO of Rockville-Olney and of Silver Spring North today if you have any questions or needs! Our number is (301)340-1313.
Water Stains on Your Ceiling?
If you notice a water stain on your ceiling, give us a call!
Water stains aren’t something to ignore. Instead, they are indicators of an urgent matter!
If you see water stain(s) on your ceiling, you should request help promptly.
Water stains can mean:
- Leaky pipe(s)
- Old caulking
- Problem with roof
- Poor insulation
Whatever is above your ceiling is typically the source of the moisture issue. Is your property’s roof or a bathroom above the water stain? That may just be the source of the problem. However, if you cannot determine a water source above the stain, you may have a leaky pipe.
Water seepage from old caulking or piping in disrepair are other common sources of water stains. It’s very important that damaged or old pipes are replaced to avoid leaking or “sweating.”
After a snowstorm or even a rain downpour, water stains can show up on your ceiling. For instance, rain can leak through from the gutter. Therefore, you have a roofing issue upon your property.
However, if an ice dam forms on your roof and water is able to seep in, it’s a good indicator of a need to improve the insulation.
Sometimes, a professional may need to remove a portion of the ceiling, and possibly the wall, to completely restore and fix the affected area for good.
Remember, deal with the stain in a very timely manner! Applying a quick coat of paint over the stain can make a temporarily, cosmetic difference, but often time, the stain will bleed right through the new paint.
Instead, call a professional to ensure the source of the water is correctly identified and handled properly. Ignoring the issue can lead to expensive repairs! It’s much better to catch the problem sooner than having to have sections of your ceiling teared down and replaced.
Call us, SERVPRO of Rockville-Olney and SERVPRO of Silver Spring North, to have water stains in your home or office checked out. We are the area’s water damage experts and are always “Faster to any size disaster.” Large or small, we will restore your water-damaged property with efficiency and detail.
Call us with any needs or questions at (301) 340-1313.
Winter 2020 in Maryland
We hope you’ve found these tips useful! Happy winter!
It’s that time of year to winter-proof your house. If you live in Maryland and haven’t already, now is the perfect time to take advantage of the warmer weather we have been experiencing recently in order to get your property ready for the colder weather coming our way.
Below are a few tips for keeping your property at its peak during the winter season:
- Seal gaps around door frames and windows to keep cold air from slipping in
- Insulate pipes and hot water tanks to avoid freezing and to reduce heat loss
- Check your drainage. To avoid saturation, and then the thawing of the soil near your property’s structure, add extra soil to the affected area.
- Clean your gutters to avoid a backup and potential overflow.
- Clean your chimney! Before you begin using the fireplace, have it inspected and cleaned, or else, many problems can arise!
- Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, and make sure they work properly. House fires most commonly occur in the winter months. While homes and offices are closed up tight during the winter to keep the cold air out, it also means carbon monoxide becomes more of a hazard.
- Drain any outdoor faucets
- These faucets can develop a costly leak
- Faucets can also freeze over, sometimes splitting the water line, which can lead to a house flooding
- Cover outdoor furniture to avoid damage from snow, hail, etc., but do so on a nice, dry day, so no moisture can become trapped under whatever you cover your furniture with
- Find your shovel or snow blower ahead of time. One of the last things you want to do in a snowstorm is crawl your way through piles of snow to your shed to retrieve such items.
- Check your trees. Is there any risk it could fall on your home or building? Could one of its dead branches? Is a branch touching your property? If so, it’s a good time to chop off whatever necessary before snow and ice come
- Check your attic
- Heats rises, so if you don’t insulate your attic well, the heat you’re paying for will rise right out of your home.
- Check for critters! Animals want a warm place to stay during wintertime. Just make sure it’s not in your attic or home in general!