Cleaning Services for Schools, Daycares, and Other Facilities
Let's keep students, teachers and faculty together!
Montgomery County, MD schools for students grades K-12 will not be physically re-opening until at least the start of the second semester, which is February 1, 2021. In November, the county will release their plan for the second semester.
However, daycares, Montessori schools, and colleges can open their doors for students. While colleges are offering students many online courses, quite a few colleges are still offering hybrid or in-person courses. Many preschools and Montessori schools are also welcoming students back. Additionally, daycare centers have been allowed to re-opened. Other classes, offered by fitness and dance studios for example, are beginning to offer classes once again, all following strict protocol of course.
for more information)
SERVPRO of Rockville-Olney and Silver Spring North are offering a variety of cleaning services, including fogging, electrostatic disinfectant spraying, and proactive cleaning. We have been helping businesses and residences stay safe and protected throughout this COVID-19 crisis. We’d like to remind you of the services we can provide to your school, classroom, studio, etc. to keep it disinfected and clean! We have been helping various schools in the area, whether it’s a proactive cleaning, fogging, or by disinfecting cafeterias, gymnasiums, classrooms, including computers, cubbies, walls, chairs, etc.
Our services can be recurring too! Get scheduled for a one-time cleaning, or make services recurring.
If you’d like to learn more about our services, to schedule a cleaning, or for a quote, call us at 301-340-1313 today!
Commercial Property Fire Loss
After a fire loss on your property, you may not know what to do first. Call us today, and we will guide you on a journey to restoration.
Has your commercial property recently experienced a fire? Whether you manage or own commercial property, you know that fire loss can be extremely devastating. Not only does fire destroy property, furnishings, flooring, and much more, but smoke also damages the property, leaving behind soot and strong, fiery odors. Water damage is an additional loss after a fire. Firefighters must use significant amounts of water to extinguish such a fire. With water damage comes the chance of mold growth. This is why it’s important to have the water dried as soon as possible.
Whether you own an office building, shop, car garage, museum, etc., dealing with the aftermath of a fire places a lot of responsibility on you. At SERVPRO of Rockville-Olney and Silver Spring North, we are here for you. Our technicians are highly trained in all the areas listed above- fire, water, and mold remediation and restoration. Our franchise ensures that your property will be restored and made “Like it never even happened.” We are “Faster to any size disaster” and realize how stressful losses are. When choosing SERVPRO of Rockville-Olney and Silver Spring North, you can rest assure you are in good hands. Our Crew Chiefs communicate very closely with clients and are willing to answer as many questions as they may have, as we know there are many to be answered, especially with commercial fire losses.
We also realize you are in a hurry to proceed with business. Lost time is lost revenue. We will make sure your business is up-and-running as soon as it possibly can be. If your business has unfortunately experienced a fire, give us a call at (301) 340-1313, and we will be there for you.
Summer Fire Hazards & Tips
Keep these safety tips in mind while grilling you favorite foods this summer!
Whether you’ve been loving the warmer temperatures and sunshine outdoors or have been staying indoors to keep it cool, we have compiled a list of tips to keep you safe this summer!
Here in Montgomery County, MD, we’re able to enjoy certain activities specifically in the summertime, whether it be outdoor cooking, camping or going to watch fireworks. These activities create many wonderful summer memories between family and friends. The following information will help your family reunion, 4th of July celebration, or barbeque cookout stay safe and fun!
As you know, fire can spread quite easily in hot, dry air. It spreads more rapidly when wind is present. Our weather in Maryland is often hot, but windy, so it’s important we pay attention to and follow safety precautions.
- Instead of lighting your own fireworks, watch a public viewing. Leave the lighting up to the professionals.
- If you do choose to use fireworks, do not attempt to re-light those that never lit on the first try. Instead, dump them in a bucket of water and properly dispose later.
- Propane and charcoal grills are to be used outside only.
- Make sure your grill is well away from you home. Keep it out from under roof edges and keep it away from tree branches, shrubbery, etc.
- Remove all grease buildup on your grill to avoid starting a fire.
- Never leave your grill unattended.
- Be sure to keep kids and pets away from it.
- Do not wear loose-fitting clothes while cooking outside.
- Do not pour lighter fluid directly onto a lit grill.
- Make sure the coals from a charcoal grill are completely cool before disposing. Cover the coals with water and mix to ensure they are extinguished.
- Make sure the park or town you are starting a campfire at allows them before lighting one.
- Do not build a campfire near dry leaves or around any overhanging tree branches. Clear any vegetation in the area in which you dig your campfire pit in.
- Do not dig your firepit near your tent.
- Watch the campfire closely, never leaving it unattended.
- Always keep lots of water near your campfire.
- Once finished, completely extinguish the fire.
We hope you’ve learned a thing or two from this list of tips! Enjoy your summer, and don’t forget to stay hydrated!
Learn More About Summer Storms in Maryland
Keep yourself, your family & your pets safe from any storms this summer!
While our summer season here in Maryland brings us pleasant warm weather and sunshine, it also gives us a fair share of summer storms. Recently, the area has experienced thunderstorms which brought about heavy rains and strong winds, causing trees and powerlines to fall. Lightning, thunder, flying debris and hail can also occur during these storms.
Just last week our emergency services team responded to a residential loss pertaining to a tree that fell on the side of a townhome during a thunderstorm. Our team tarped the affected area to prevent further damage to the home. This emergency tarping prevented other elements, such as rain and dust, from entering inside the cracks and openings of the siding, which the fallen tree caused.
Here are a few tips to make your property more secure during a storm:
- Get your roof and foundation checked out! Are there any cracks in your roof? If so, call a professional to have it repaired ASAP.
- Remove any tree branches that pose risk to breaking a window, for example. Getting a tree trimming before the summer storm season begins is a wise idea.
- Invest in storm windows.
- Bring all patio furniture, grills, etc. indoors before the storm hits.
- Tightly secure outdoor items you cannot bring indoors.
- Have a favorite potted plant? You will want to bring that inside until the storm passes over too.
- If you have a garage, park your vehicle inside it before the storm hits.
- If you must evacuate due to the storm, secure and board up windows.
We hope you find these tips helpful and wish you an enjoyable and safe summer!
Did you learn anything new from this blog? Follow us on Instagram and Facebook to learn more tips.
Facebook: SERVPRO of Rockville-Olney & Silver Spring North
The Latest: Phase 2- What’s Happening in Montgomery County, MD
We're here to give you, your employees, and your customers peace of mind.
Do you own a business or manage a facility in Montgomery County, Maryland? Do you live in Montgomery County? Here’s some news you do not want to miss!
Phase 2 will likely go into effect this coming week (June 15-19). As Montgomery County prepares to enter Phase 2, here is what you can expect:
- Gyms, fitness centers, and other physical activities facilities will reopen with spacial requirements
- Houses of worship will allow congregants to join in indoor or outdoor services, with requirements and with limited capacity
- Pools will open lap lanes
- Restaurants will reopen indoor seating in addition to the recent reopening of outdoor seating, both limited and with restrictions
- Retail stores will expand from only curbside pickup to now limited in-store shopping (strict patron per sq. ft. guidelines)\
- Salons and barbershops will expand services
- Youth sports and day camps will expand opening with requirements
- Playgrounds and parks will reopen
- Concert halls, theaters, recreational facilities and libraries will remain closed
Check out the Montgomery County MD website for more details and information: https://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/HHS/RightNav/reopening/index.html
If you own or manage property, we are here to give your business a professional, deep sanitization before anyone walks through your doors once again. Our latest program, Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, a defensive cleaning program that gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness. Our proactive viral pathogen cleaning program will help your business meet a higher standard of clean. Call us today with any questions or needs you may have at 301-340-1313. We look forward to hearing from you!
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Rockville-Olney & Silver Spring North today at 301-340-1313 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
SERVPRO of Rockville-Olney & Silver Spring North Cleaning Service Update
We're here for you to help with your next steps!
As of 5pm on May 15, 2020, Maryland’s stay-at-home order is to be lifted. This begins phase 1 of reopening the state.
Although there is still quite a bit of gray area, here are a few of the basics:
Retail stores can reopen
Manufacturing operations can resume
Pet services, such as groomers and animal shelters, can open doors to the public
Salons and barbershops can reopen
Religious gatherings, such as church services, can assemble once again
Please note, everything mentioned above can reopen only at half capacity. Mask wearing and social distancing is still to be enforced. Also note counties throughout the state of Maryland differ with regards to their reopening status. For instance, both Montgomery and Prince George’s counties are still under stay-at-home orders.
If you own or manage a business, you’re surely thinking about what the next phase holds for your company and are looking to plan for the future. So far, it appears the following will take place during phase 2:
Indoor fitness classes resume
Childcare centers reopen
Regular transportation schedules resume
Restaurants and bars reopen with restrictions
Do you wish to clean and sanitize your business before reopening, or if you have reopened, would you like a trusted, family-owned business that has been in the community for 40 years to provide you with a sanitizing service? Allow us to take care of that step for you. We know you value your employees and customers and will be happy to ensure each of you peace of mind.
Give us a call today at 301-340-1313 for more information. We look forward to hearing from you.
Tips on Working from Home, Spring/Summer 2020
Follow these tips to better your experience of working from home!
Many Americans are now working from home due to the recent circumstances. If you transitioned from working in an office to working in your home, you’ve had to make many adjustments! Changes can be difficult, especially those that affect such a large part of your life, i.e., your job. At SERVPRO of Rockville-Olney & Silver Spring North, we are always here to help. We would like to provide you with some tips on how to make the best of working from home!
- Arrange your workspace in a way you’ll be the most organized and the least distracted
- Inform your family members or roommates of your work schedule and create rules to diminish disruptions and distractions. Talking to family and friends is very tempting, so you may need to close your door or drown out chatter with classical music
- Create a schedule that you follow each day, including clearly defined work hours
- Learn something new! Watch webinars or attend a virtual training your company may offer
- Focus on communication! You don’t get to see your boss and coworkers face-to-face for the time being, so call, text, and email them regularly
- Take a break! Make sure you know your company’s break policy, and take advantage of it. Go for a walk to take in sunshine during your break before having to return back indoors to complete your assignments
- Reward yourself! It’s not easy making such a drastic change, so get your favorite coffee from the local cafe everyday during your lunch break or buy yourself a gift online after completing a work goal
- Of course, keep a close eye on your agenda book or calendar! Write down every deadline and meeting date as these can become very easy to forget when working from home
- Turn off the notifications on your personal phone (such as Instagram and Twitter notifications) to minimize getting distracted from your work
We hope these tips help and wish you much success for working from home!
Proactive Cleaning for Your Residence or Business in Maryland
We're here to help you feel safe and secure during these unprecedented times!
As Maryland anticipates reaching Stage 1 of reopening within the next week, which will allow many small businesses to open their doors once again, a few restrictions have already been lifted. For the time being, hair salons and barbershops have been able to serve a limited amount of customers, following strict protocol. The limits and restrictions of entering beaches, golf courses, tennis courts, and camp sites are now being lifted also.
Our business is being called by numerous business owners, community leaders, and residents to clean, disinfect, and sanitize their homes and facilities.
Do you have a business or facility that you plan to reopen? We can help you reassure your employees and your clients that they are being served in a sanitized facility. Our experienced team at SERVPRO of Rockville-Olney and SERVPRO of Silver Spring North is offering proactive cleaning services, carefully following both CDC and local guidelines, to the many businesses in the Montgomery County, Maryland area and beyond.
We offer proactive cleaning services to the following (but not limited to):
? SCHOOL FACILITIES AND CHILDCARE/DAYCARE CENTERS
? ASSISTED LIVING FACILITIES
? LOCAL SMALL BUSINESSES (HAIR AND NAIL SALONS, RESTAURANTS)
? ENTERTAINMENT FACILITIES (MOVIE THEATERS)
? GROCERY STORES
? WAREHOUSES AND MANUFACTURING FACILITIES
Please call us today about our economical cleaning options at (301) 340-1313.
We are Cleaning Experts
We are Here to Help 24/7, 365 days of the year.
SERVPRO is Here to Help during this time of need
During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, this is a reminder to our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today – SERVPRO of Rockville-Olney and of Silver Spring North, (301) 340-1313