Let's Keep Our Schools Mold-Free!
Schools that have experienced water damage from instances such as plumbing leaks, water overflows from toilets, for example, or poor drainage of rainwater, are at risk of mold growth, which can take place within the first 48 hours of the accident.
If you can see its visible growth or can smell it (usually similar to that of something rotting), it’s an obvious indicator. After water damage, you can expect mold and in a school especially, it’s imperative to call professionals to come take a look as students’ and faculties’ health alike are at risk.
Yet there are other instances where mold isn’t caused immediately by a plumping issue, for example. Mold can grow behind paint, walls, under tiles, etc. and can grow there for years. Mold can be growing behind paint and begin appearing over it, but simply scrubbing the mold off the paint won’t solve the problem as only part of the problem was removed, and it will just grow back.
In these cases, remediation is necessary. Give us of SERVPRO of Rockville-Olney or SERVPRO of Silver Spring North a call today at (301) 340-1313! We serve public and private schools throughout the county. Mold can pose serious health risks including fatigue, nausea, headaches, and respiratory irritation to name a few. Our crew is well-trained and seasoned in mold remediation and will have your property mold-free and safe in no time! Have us come inspect your school, commercial building, or home today! We’ll team up with you to keep those you care about safe!