Tips for Purer Air in Your Home
Why not show your home or office some love during this time of year! Not only can plants and candles add beauty and pleasant scent to your spaces, they have health benefits as well, by purifying the indoor air and add a sense of calm.
Below are a few tips to improve the quality of your already amazing property:
- Buy a few beeswax candles (but be sure to never leave them unattended!). Beeswax candles are amazing air purifiers due to their release of negative ions, which cancel out many of the already existing positive ions in the air, which have been released from dust, pollen, etc.
- Not into candles? Salt lamps have the same effect!
- Invest in house plants! Just make sure they are pet friendly if you have a four-legged friend in the household! House plants have numerous benefits, including an increase in oxygen, allergy relief and mood-boosting properties. They also absorb toxins. A few house plants to consider:
- Spider plant
- English ivy
- Dragon tree
- Peace lily
- Activated charcoal also purifies the air. Additionally, it removes odor.
- Have a smelly refrigerator in the work lounge or in your kitchen? Both activated charcoal and baking soda work as agents to eliminate odor. Just place an opened jar or bowl of activated charcoal or an opened box of baking soda inside the refrigerator, and say goodbye to that smell!
- Smell something different? Something musty? It could be mold! Have your home checked by a professional (such as your SERVPRO of Rockville-Olney & Silver Spring North!) as mold can be hazardous to breathe in.
- Replace older appliance and fixtures with newer, energy-efficient ones.
And if you do have visible mold, our SERVPRO technicians can clean up & mitigate. Just give us a call, 301-340-1313.