Recent Commercial Posts
Why your business needs SERVPRO Emergency Ready Plan
Having a SERVPRO Emergency Ready Profile can save a lot of time, energy and money when disasters strike.
Disasters can strike at anytime, anywhere, and Montgomery County, Maryland is no exception.
Did you know up to 50% of businesses afflicted by a disaster will never reopen? The statistic may be shocking, but what isn’t very surprising is that the vast majority of the surviving businesses had previously established a preparedness plan.
Prevention saves a lot of time, energy and money. Unfortunately, all catastrophes cannot be prevented, which means it is imperative to have an emergency plan in place just in case an unexpected event occurs.
The SERVPRO Emergency Ready Plan application works to prevent situations from escalating. The app, designed for commercial use, is marketed towards property and risk managers and towards business owners.
Some benefits of the app include:
- An assessment at no charge
- A Profile Document containing only necessary information geared for a time of emergency
- A quick reference for you and your employees (especially if the owner/manager is away on a business trip, for example).
- A free guide outlining important steps to take post-disaster
- A connection and direct contact with your local SERVPRO
SERVPRO clients, including those in Rockville-Olney & Silver Spring North are offered this service free of charge. After downloading the SERVPRO ERP application onto an electronic device, a SERVPRO employee will meet with the client to map the property they own or manage.
Mapping the territory includes, but is not limited to, making note of water pipes, crawl spaces and fire exits. Information such as the square footage of the building and photographs of the property are collected and stored in the app as well.
Although gathering and recording this information on the app may sound like a lengthy process, employees have noted they can finish the plan in about 30 minutes. Additionally, owners can go back into the app and add more detail or update over time. There’s nothing to lose, and everything to gain!
If you prepare for the future, you will “Save Early for Disaster Costs.” Utilizing tools to prevent damage, to prevent loss, and to prevent losing your business to a disaster, is one of the best ways to ensure the “health” of what you own or manage.
It’s simple, and it’s free. Save now to avoid large costs later. Download the application in the App Store or from the link below:
Please feel free to call SERVPRO of Rockville-Olney & Silver Spring North at 301-340-1313 with any questions you may have about the Emergency Ready Plan. We're also here 24/7 for any cleanup & restoration needs from storm, water, fire or mold damage.
Take these precautions to ensure your daycare is safe!
Whether you manage a daycare or send your kids to one, we know your primary concerns are their safety & well-being. SERVPRO Rockville-Olney can help.
At SERVPRO of Rockville-Olney and SERVPRO of Silver Spring North, we knows it’s important to make sure your commercial property reaches a high standard when it comes to a clean and safe environment for your clients, employees, etc. Quite often, we help schools and daycares in the Rockville, Olney, Silver Spring North and surrounding areas reach these standards.
It’s very important to ensure your smallest customers are safe and healthy at all times, especially during these post-pandemic times and especially since children are more susceptible to common issues such as mold, as well as bacteria pests such as rodents can leave behind, for instance.
Maybe you own or manage a daycare. Maybe you are considering starting your own daycare, or maybe you are a parent considering which daycare to enroll your child in.
Here's a checklist of what a daycare should include to provide the safest environment possible. Please note this list focuses on a few security measures, emergency safety measures, as well as cleanliness measures. There are many other factors involved with regard to a daycare facility; they can be investigated in more detail on the web.
Here are a few:
- Smoke alarms and fire extinguishers must be present and in excellent, working condition
- Windows in every classroom to provide fresh air and an emergency exit
- Clean sleeping area, play areas and toys (including carpets and upholstery, which can easily become soiled at daycares!)
- All cleaning supplies must be locked away
- Electrical outlets must be covered
- Strict hygiene procedures (important when changing diapers)
- Any necessary safety and cleanliness certifications (state and/or county, depending on local laws)
- Regular health and cleanliness inspections
- Documented emergency evacuation plans
- Any expired food the center provided must be discarded
- Professional pest removal is needed if you suspect or know there are pests in the building. Mouse traps present a danger, especially to small hands that like to get into everything!
- Pests can carry diseases, bite children, and leave trails of bacteria behind
- Fire drills are necessary in preparing for a smoother evacuation in an unfortunate event when an actual fire might take place
- Similar to drills for potential earthquakes or storms, especially if the region is prone to these acts of nature
- Locking gates at the top and bottom of any stairs
- Exterior locking doors
We have worked around Montgomery County, Maryland and beyond to ensure local schools and daycares are clean and safe places! Whether involved with mold remediation, restoring flood damages, or performing a general cleaning, we make it a priority to keep the children in our community safe and healthy.
If you have any cleaning & restoration needs at your daycare facilities, don’t hesitate to give us a call today at 301-340-1313.
Restoring Commercial Buildings After Water Damage
Ask about our Business Ready Plan for quick response to water or other emergency damage restoration.
Flooding and water damage disasters at Silver Spring North or Rockville-Olney commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large-scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area.
In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our SERVPRO technicians are trained regularly to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises at your business, give us a call at 301-340-1313, and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Rockville-Olney & Silver Spring North
SERVPRO of Rockville-Olney and SERVPRO of Silver Spring North specialize in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly-trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
We are here to help 24/7. Call us at 301-340-1313. Ask about our Business Ready Plan for even quicker response!
Winter checklist for your commercial buildings
Preparing your commercial property for winter is an essential part of maintaining your building!
Preparing your commercial property for winter is an essential part of maintaining your building(s)! As you know, harsh winter weather can take a toll on your property, so make sure to check off each of the items below before our Maryland winter weather goes into full swing:
-Check your building’s winter inventory! Do you have all the necessary winter snow removal supplies such as a salt spreader and snowplow? Are they in good repair? Make sure these items have adequate fuel, too!
-If you do not plow your own snow, see that you establish a contract with a snow removal service company.
-Make sure your building is safe for customers! This means removing snow from walkways and entrances, adding slip-resistant flooring as shoes tend to get wet from snow this time of year, and ensuring all areas of your building are well-lit. During the winter, we see less daylight, so it is crucial to ensure good lighting for the safety of all!
-Clean snow piles from the roof or hire a professional company to do so. Also, check for loose shingles or any other damage to your roof that can be caused by the high winds or ice that winter brings.
-Keep the building temperature above 45 degrees Fahrenheit to protect plumbing (mainly to avoid frozen pipes). Regularly check both interior and exposed pipes. Insulate pipes and seal cracked ones to avoid broken pipes.
-Inspect your HVAC system. Look for cracks and leaks and listen out for any strange sounds originating from the system. The wintertime can give your system a real workout!
-Check for large icicles, especially when in harm’s way. Icicles can become quite heavy and very dangerous. Be sure to remove large icicles that have the potential to fall on someone or onto a car.
-Prevent power outages in your building by investing in backup generator(s) and inspecting nearby powerlines and the surrounding trees. Weak tree branches often cause outages by falling onto telephone poles and powerlines.
We hope you stay safe and are prepared for Winter 2022! SERVPRO of Rockville-Olney & SERVPRO of Silver Spring North are here to help 24/7 should you need cleanup & restoration from storm damages. We also do repair & reconstruction to make your property damage "Like it never even happened." 301-340-1313.
When water disasters strike, call SERVPRO Rockville-Olney ASAP!
Water intrusion can spread through your building and wreak havoc to the structural integrity and equipment. Call 301-340-1313 right away!
Our DMV (District of Washington, Maryland & Virginia) region including the Rockville area has seen flooding problems due to heavy rainfall.
Water damage can shut down your office building. Water can cause damage that you can see, but also damage that is not easily visible. No matter the damage, you need to call in a professional remediation service, such as SERVPRO of Rockville-Olney & Silver Spring North, even if you think the repairs are small. Water takes the path of least resistance, so it finds its way through building materials where the water eventually gets trapped and can create rot and mold growth.
Emergency water removal is the first step in preventing more damage to your property. Once the water has been dried out by our technicians, we thoroughly inspect your property and determine what has been affected and what is okay. We can then focus our effects on restoring the damaged areas. The drying & restoration process can usually be finished in a few days and is monitored closely to ensure proper drying. Water damage can be from any of the reasons below:
These events can release hundreds of gallons of water quickly into your office building. Malfunction can result from broken pipes, malfunctioning sprinkler systems, loose hoses and other plumbing sources.
Flooding can come from sudden, heavy rainfalls. Intense downpours can flood gutters, drains and downspouts quickly, and the overflow can cause severe water damage to your business.
Long-Term Moisture & Humidity
Small leaks usually hide and are overlooked; however, overtime they lead to water damage problems that need repair. Ceilings, wall cavities, bathrooms, hallways and attics are the most susceptible areas to mold growth and wood rot from continued exposure. Basements and vented crawlspaces are also environments that can be humid, leading to similar water and mold issues. Standing water can fast turn into damage that is more widespread if not cleaned up right away. Mold starts growing in as little as 24 hours after a water intrusion and can spread through your building and do much harm to the structural integrity, plus to the health of your employees and any equipment inside.
If you want a trusted, professional company to come out to your property to access water damage and to begin the restoration process, call SERVPRO of Rockville-Olney and Silver Spring North, 301-340-1313.
Our powerful truck-mounted water extraction equipment and our specially-trained technicians are just what you need when a water disaster strikes your office building.
Graffiti, sewer, biohazards... SERVPRO Rockville can tackle them all!
Our commercial services include water & fire cleanup and restoration, biohazards & mold remediation, and reconstruction of damaged properties.
SERVPRO of Rockville-Olney and SERVPRO of Silver Spring North offer a plethora of commercial services including water & fire cleanup and restoration, biohazards and mold remediation, as well as reconstruction of damaged properties.
From office buildings and restaurants, to schools, government agencies and malls, even churches, we solve problems anywhere from water damage to mold and soot damage.
We realize it’s important to keep your commercial property in the best repair possible. Your building, both on the outside and inside, is oftentimes the face of the company.
Below are a few of the most common issues commercial properties face. You may want to take note of these issues and check your building for them. If you do come across any of these problems, it’s important to get them fixed immediately, as holding off can increase the problem - and cost.
Check for the following (or you may need to hire a professional to investigate for some of these):
- Leaks: From roofs to gutters, to serious moisture buildup, water leaks can cause an assortment of problems including mold growth and rotting
- Asbestos: If your building is older than 20 years, you should have it inspected for asbestos, which if present, can cause detrimental effects on one’s health
- Cracking: Could possibly be a sign of an underlying problem in the building’s structure
- Fire and safety regulations: Make sure your building and property meet all standards regarding the current safety and fire requirements
- Infestation of bugs or rodents: Yikes! No one feels comfortable working in a building knowing it’s home to an abundance of rodents. It also doesn’t look pleasant to visitors or clients when ants or gnats are buzzing around or see a few rodent droppings. Additionally, pests can damage the wiring of a building.
- High energy costs: Keeping your commercial building in good repair can help keep your energy consumption at a manageable level. Also consider installing energy-efficient lighting & appliances. Consider creating energy and water-saving campaigns throughout your building. Make colorful posters and have prizes for whichever floor most actively participates, for example.
- Electrical faults: Dead outlets, melting wires, and faulty circuits can cause fires. A trusted electrician should be called to check out the situation immediately.
SERVPRO of Rockville-Olney & Silver Spring North are here to help. Call us 24/7 at 301-340-1313.
Ways to Conserve Water in Commercial Buildings
Install energy-saving faucets and appliances to save water (and money!)
Unlike your home, your commercial building is comprised of various employees and clients/customers. You and your family might make conscious efforts to conserve water at home, but oftentimes, those in your building may not.
How often do you use your bathroom sink and walk out with the water still running? Probably never! Now consider this. How many times have you visited an empty public restroom with a running faucet? Probably a few times a year!
One solution would be to install touch-free faucets. This and other energy-saving fixtures and appliances nowadays can save businesses a lot of money, even if the initial cost isn’t very low.
Additionally, you can make an easy switch of replacing your faucet aerators with newer ones of lower power. After companies make this switch, they typically notice the new aerators only use a fifth of the water the older ones did.
Another money-saving bathroom investment is purchasing new flush valves. Today, there are some great options to choose from. You can buy water-saving flush valves that use 20 percent less water than newer toilets and 70 percent less water than pre-1992 toilets.
If you operate a restaurant or any other facility that calls for a dishwasher, you may want to upgrade to a water-saving dishwasher. Although they cost about the same as normal dishwashers, these washers use 40 percent less water, not to mention less energy too.
A few more tips for saving water in your commercial building include planting shrubs, bushes, flowers, etc. that require less water instead of growing plants that demand water. Additionally, you should make sure your irrigation device is positioned practically. The sidewalk shouldn’t be drenched after a watering session. Also, check for leaks or drips. You'll need them repaired to save water (and money).
If you’ve noticed rainfall and your irrigation schedule collide, you may want to invest in a rain or soil moisture sensor. You can save a lot on your water bill from what nature has to offer. Plus, if it has rained or the soil is damp enough, the plants could potential drown.
Lastly, meter your irrigation separately, as unless you do so, your water company will send all the water coming from the property to a wastewater treatment plant. If you do choose to meter, your sewer bill will plummet.
We at SERVPRO of Rockville-Olney and SERVPRO of Silver Spring North encourage you to incorporate a few of these tips into your commercial business and see how much water (and money) you can save!
Is Your Business Resilient?
It's important to make a plan with your team for your business in case of disasters.
Is your business resilient?
According to FEMA, around 40-60 percent of small businesses that have been struck by disaster will not reopen. Think the most recent natural disaster: Hurricane Ian in the Florida coast!
Many people don’t consider the serious impact a disaster, such as a storm, fire, or flood, can have on a small business. It not only can destroy the building and surrounding property of the business, but can also destroy essential information, contacts, etc..., which can put a quick end to the business’ existence.
By taking action before a disaster strikes, you can take steps to increase your employees’ safety, your business’ resiliency, and your clients’ trust.
These steps below may be helpful to keep your business safe:
- Keep your company records, documents, and contacts stored in paperless form (on Google Drive or iCloud, for example)
- Pre-establish policies for employees, vendors and customers in order to maintain trust and stability, and also to retain relationships and positions
- Do a threat analysis. Assess any possible risks your business may be susceptible to, from a hurricane to a cyber attack
- Develop a continuity plan. FEMA recommends creating your plan using these four steps:
- Conduct a business impact analysis
- Identify, document and implement recovery strategies
- Compile a business continuity plan with others in your business
- Conduct training, testing, drills and exercises to teach, practice and evaluate the plan
Additionally, SERVPRO of Rockville-Olney suggests contacting us to put in place a response plan should your business experience a storm or fire that may cause water and smoke damage to your business property.
Our SERVPRO's Emergency Ready Plan (ERP) can help give you, your employees and customers peace of mind. Our ERP allows for quick restoration response to help minimize disruption of your business. Call us today, 301-340-1313.
Give Customers, Shoppers, Students... Peace of Mind with our SERVPRO Clean program!
Keep your clients, shoppers, students & everyone else safe by having your facilities SERVPRO-cleaned!
With the country easing back into a somewhat normal life, and as a growing number of businesses and workplaces welcoming back their employees, and schools reopening doors to students & staff, it’s more crucial than ever to have buildings and facilities thoroughly cleaned to keep everyone safe from the coronavirus and other health hazards.
While the COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, SERVPRO franchises throughout the U.S. -- including SERVPRO of Rockville-Olney & Silver Spring North and SERVPRO of Laurel & Greenbelt NE/Beltsville E -- are here to help keep your customers and employees safe, and also let everyone know you've chosen a higher standard of clean.
When you go with us, you’re choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned -- a defensive, proactive viral pathogen cleaning program backed by our more than 50 years of experience in cleanup and restoration. With an industry-leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions and remediation processes, we're helping businesses across the country open safely.
According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, these are currently known about Covid-19:
- It is spread from person to person and happens most frequently among close contacts (within about 6 feet).
- This type of transmission occurs via respiratory droplets.
- Current evidence suggests that novel coronavirus may remain viable for hours to days on surfaces made from a variety of materials.
- Cleaning of visibly dirty surfaces followed by disinfection is a best practice measure for prevention of Covid-19
Our ready plan to get your workplaces cleaned & ready to open up again consists of:
A tailored cleaning program to meet your needs.
- We will assign you a Cleaning Protocol Specialist who understands your business.
- Programs are based on a range of factors: type of industry, business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touch points, foot traffic and congestion points.
Proactive and COVID-19 emergency response cleaning program.
- Trained and experienced in biohazard cleaning and decontamination for porous and non-porous surfaces - always adhering to the highest standards set by the CDC.
- EPA-approved products, including our proprietary cleaning agent SERVPROXIDE, a hospital-grade disinfectant that is NSF certified for direct food contact surface use.
A commitment to clean for your employees and consumers.
- Leverage SERVPRO's trusted brand to reassure your customers and employees that you are taking the steps needed to keep your space at the highest level of clean.
- Communication touchpoints include a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned window emblem, signage, marks for your digital footprint and more.
To schedule a consult for our Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned program, call us at 301-340-1313 or 301-323-8862. We are here to help!